Jacksonville Baptist Theological Seminary invites applications for admission from persons who have graduated from high school or have a General Equivalency Diploma (GED) and who show evidence of a call to Christian ministry. Applicants are considered without regard to age, gender, color, race, religion, national origin or social position.
- A high diploma or GED
- JBTS application for admission form filled out in its entirety.
- Two recommendations: one from a pastor or church leader and a personal recommendation. Family members may not issue a recommendation. Recommenders must have known the applicant for a minimum of one year. If for some reason the recommendation does not reflect the proper amount of diversity, an additional recommendation may be requested.
- The application must include a brief typed essay pertaining to the applicant’s understanding of the gospel, conversion experience, call to ministerial service and the reason for desiring to pursue an education at JBTS.
- A $50 non-refundable application fee is required.
- An official high school transcript or GED test scores unless the applicant has more than 24 hours of college credit is requested.
- Official transcripts from every institution at which academic work was completed
isrequired. Transcripts must be mailed from the institution to Jacksonville Baptist Theological Seminary.
- Transcripts not received in this manner will be considered invalid for admission.
The seminary will evaluate the curriculum of other institutions previously attended by the applicants to determine transferability of credits and degrees. Only courses that merited a grade of “C” or better will be considered for transfer.